Position Title: Event Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing, Communications & Events
Employment Status: Full-Time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Based on qualifications
Partnership Gwinnett, a public/private initiative, drives economic prosperity by attracting, expanding, and retaining quality businesses; aligning and developing diverse talent; and contributing to the exceptional quality of life in Gwinnett County and all 16 cities.
We are looking for a solution-driven event coordinator to support the marketing and events team at Partnership Gwinnett. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and initiative-taking to support an environment that drives business. With communication and customer service at the forefront, this position will support the event coordination of multiple signature events, taskforces, and council meetings each year as well as closing out the event and managing profit and loss statements. There is a lot of room for growth with this position.
We host event that drive business, drive talent, drive community and most importantly, drive the future!
- Support event coordination needs, including contracting, invitations, décor, seating, food, and beverage, etc.
- Create reliable reporting and tracking of event attendance
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Support with sponsorship of events and coordinate with accounting on payment
- Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Design and/or collaborate with designers on graphics
- Produce content and ensure the event pages on the website are up to date
- Assist supervisor with reconciliation, development, management, and analysis of event budgets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- A strategic thinker with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Degree in marketing, communications, event management or any related field
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing demands and a fast-paced work environment
- Ideal candidate must be detail oriented, initiative-taking, outgoing, flexible, a collaborator and professional
- Minimum 1+ years related experience
- BA or BS Degree
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should complete the form at right and attach a cover letter and resumé.